TIPS TO LOOK AFTER YOUR CARPET
As you may know, regular carpet cleaning is important to the health of your house. Carpets can hide lots of allergens, pet dander and dirt. By the time the surface begins to look dirty, you know you that you have to deal with a lot of hidden dirt. Here’s what you need to do to clean your carpet in a more effective way.
- Vacuum your carpets at least once a week. Heavy traffic areas may require more frequent vacuuming. Neglecting to vacuum often enough can shorten the life of your carpet as the build up can potentially damage carpet fibers by fraying them. Clean around baseboards and hard to reach areas every couple of weeks.
- Do not be in a hurry when vacuuming, as you might not be able to remove deeply embedded dirt. Make sure to go over each section of carpeting several times, from several different directions using a crisscross pattern and overlapping strokes.
- Sprinkle your carpet with baking soda or a commercial deodorizing product at least 15 minutes before you vacuum.
- Treat spots promptly, but spot test to make sure you are not damaging or fading your carpet’s dye or color when you use a cleaner.
- When applying soil retardants to new carpets, make sure you follow the manufacturers' advice. Use only professional equipment and the recommended application techniques.
Call Able Carpet Care for a professional Clean every 6-12 months to keep your home healthy and looking great!